Print competition through our State Affiliate, MOPPA, is based on the 12 Elements of a Merit Image, as established by the Professional Photographers of America. .
While PPA merits are NOT awarded until IPC, MOPPA does offer it's own print competition awards to be given in two Divisions: MOPPA and Develop. MOPPA Awards are exclusively awarded to members, while Develop awards are given to non-members. Missouri members are ineligible for this later award.
Fellowship Points are also awarded based of the above mentioned awards and honors. You can read more about those here MOPPA Fellowship.
MOPPA/Develop Print Competition Rules and Instructions 2020
This is a DIGITAL ONLY competition.
All images MUST be pre-registered and uploaded to PrintCompetition.com
COST/ DATES/ TIMES:
COMPETITION DATE: TBA
ENTRY OPENS: TBA
DEADLINE DATE: TBA
Registration fee $15 per image, unlimited images allowed. Your total case score is determined by 4 top scores.
Awards will be awarded in two major divisions: MOPPA and Develop. Only members of Missouri PPA are eligible for Missouri PPA awards. Missouri PPA members are ineligible for Develop awards.
All Divisions (Missouri Eligibility): All entries scoring 80 or above are eligible
● Man (Portrait)
● Woman (Portrait)
● High School Senior (Portrait)
● Pet/ Animal (Portrait)
● Landscape (Illustrative)
● Still Life (Illustrative)
● Wedding/Couple (Portrait - or wedding engagement entries under portrait)
● Child (Portrait)
● Newborn (Portrait)
● Families/Groups (Portrait)
● Creative Open*
Missouri PPA Members Only:
● Master and Non-Master, 1st, 2nd, 3rd portrait
● Master and Non-Master, 1st, 2nd, 3rd wedding
● Master and Non-Master, 1st, 2nd, 3rd illustrative
● Master and Non-Master Best of Show
● Top 10
● Photographer of the Year (Master and Non-Master)
1. Entry form must be complete.
2. Entry fee is per image. Case score will be compiled of top 4 scores. Image file names must match the image titles on the entry form.
3. Entrants agree that any entered photograph may be used by MOPPA/ Develop in any publication or on the website. Model releases must be available for all recognizable individuals submitted.
4. Images that were created during a seminar of any sort or under the supervision of an instructor will be disqualified. Any entry that has earned a seal of approval or merit is not eligible and will be disqualified.
5. Images entered in MOPPA competition will be judged for photographic artistry and craftsmanship, based on the 12 elements of a merit image as outlined by the Professional Photographers of America. The decision of the judges and the competition chair is final.
6.Total case score will be comprised of the top four image scores from your case. The bottom two scores will be dropped.
7. Rules for this competition may be modified without notice.
* This is a new category for 2019.It consists of images that have additional elements not created by the maker. All elements not created by the maker must be shown in a guide images or they may be disqualified.
Digital File Submission Instructions
The Professional Photographers of America has gone to a system of digital submissions to prints at the International Print Competition. Due to this, we have decided that it is in our best interest to offer a digital competition. This allows our members to be judged at the same size as they will be at IPC as well as learn calibration and color management skills. The below requirements and settings will help with accurate representation on the competition monitor.
Images saved with long side at 4000px. Quality 10.
Images can be submitted online at http://www.printcompetition.com
Membership for the site is required at a negligible fee.