Image competition through our State Affiliate, MOPPA, is based on the 12 Elements of a Merit Image, as established by the Professional Photographers of America.
While PPA merits are NOT earned from our competition, MOPPA does offer it's own awards to be given to Missouri members of Missouri Professional Photographers Association.
Fellowship Points are also awarded based on the above mentioned awards and honors. You can read more about those here MOPPA Fellowship.
This is a DIGITAL ONLY competition.
All images MUST be pre-registered and uploaded to PrintCompetition.com
Dates & Cost
COMPETITION DATE: Saturday, July 9, 2022 at 9 AM CST
ENTRY OPENS: Wednesday June 1, 2022
DEADLINE DATE: July 7, 2022 at 2 AM CST
Registration fee for MOPPA members is $15 per image, and for non-MOPPA members, $20 per image.
A maximum of TEN images are allowed.
Your total case score is determined by 4 top scores.
Our jurors will evaluate each image based on the 12 Elements of a Merit Image. Submitted images are graded on a 100-point scale.
Awards will be awarded to Missouri members of Missouri PPA. Only members of MOPPA, living within 25 miles of the state boarder are eligible for Missouri PPA awards.
1. MOPPA Image competition will be conducted live utilizing the services of printcompetition.com. Entrants are required to have a membership in the printcompetition.com system, at either membership level.
2. Each entrant is allowed to enter up to a total of 10 digital files.
3. A $15.00 fee for MOPPA members and a $20.00 fee for non-MOPPA entrants will be assessed per image. Critiques are available for $10 for each image and will be delivered within 2-3 weeks after the MOPPA Image Competition.
4. Digital images must contain a digital presentation. Files must be sized so the longest dimension is 4,000 pixels (20 inches at 200 ppi). Each file must contain an embedded color profile of either sRGB or Adobe RGB1998 and be saved at a JPEG quality setting of 10. Name your file as the "The Title of Your Image", not Image 1.jpg as you would for Districts or ICP. The title and should not include the name of the entrant, or any verbiage that identifies the entrant.
5. Names of individuals or studios may not appear on the front of any digital image so, no watermark.
6. Images that have previously received a Merit in MOPPA, Districts, and/or IPC are not eligible for entry into the current MOPPA Print Competition. Current entries may only be entered once, whether they are a single print, a RAW image, or an element in a collage or composite.
7. No entry will be eligible if it has been made under the supervision of an instructor or as a class assignment.
8. The entrant has obtained and has access to all necessary releases (model or property), and agrees to hold MOPPA harmless against all claims and liabilities arising out of MOPPA’s display of each image submitted.
9. The Creative Open category must include referenced thumbnails as part of the image presentation.
10. The RAW category is an image that is captured in RAW as recorded by your camera and is not edited. These are straight out of the camera images. See below for more RAW rules and how to submit.
11. All entries must be entered into the online competition system, and case fees must be paid, by 9:00 PM CT on the Sunday prior to the competition. Once the online entry deadline has passed, no changes of any kind may be made by the entrant. Failure to pay your case fees and/or register prior to the online entry deadline will result in entry disqualification.
12. Scoring shall be based upon the following standards:
Deserving of a Merit 84-80
Above Average 79-75
Below Exhibition Standards 69-
MOPPA Image Competition Awards List
Master (MOPPA): (Ribbons for 2nd and 3rd, Trophy for 1st)
Awarded to those that have earned their Master’s Degree with National PPA and are members of MOPPA.
Non-Master (MOPPA): (Ribbons for 2nd and 3rd, Trophy for 1st)
Awarded to those that have not yet earned their Master’s Degree with National PPA and are members of MOPPA.
MOPPA Top 10
4/4 Pins (All Eligible)
**Trophies for MOPPA - Photographers must have a Missouri address/ business registration for their studio/place of business or live within metro areas. (KC, STL).
MOPPA SUBCATEGORY Awards: Top 3 Case Scores
Subcategories: ALL entries scoring 80 or above are ELIGIBLE :
CPP AWARD is given to the person who has the highest scoring Image of all Certified Professional Photographers (Presented by a CPP)
JUDGES CHOICE AWARDS